Thursday, November 12, 2009

Chicken Noodle Soup

Rainy and cold days just call for soup and chicken noodle soup is just the best and easiet to do. Usually I have leftover chicken or even turkey (soon I will have tons of that). This time I didn't so I baked some chicken breasts real quick. I had four, spiced them up with some poultry seasining and baked them at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or so.

The rest of the ingredients are easy. Some olive oil, carrots, an onion and some celery for vegies. I forgot to add the peas I had in the freezer. Then we need some noodles. I had a leftover half a pack of egg noodles, so I used them. For the liquid I used both, chicken broth and vegetable broth because that's what the pantry had to offer:) I never measure the amount of vegies, but just cut it up until it seems enough. As for the broth I don't measure that either. This time I used about one and half can of chicken broth and one bigger container of vegetable broth.

There are the vegies:

I sauteed them first in olive oil until they're tender, but still crunchy if that makes sense.

Then I add the broth and the seasoning, about a Tbsp of oultry seasoning and I should've only used about a Tsp. of celery salt. It turned out too bitter.

I let that simmer for a while:

Then I added the chicken, cut up of course:

Meanwhile I made my new favorite easy Pillsbury French bread:

I let the whole thing simmer for almost three hours. About ten minutes out I added the noodles:

And this is what we all got to enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment