Monday, November 9, 2009

Bulletten, Spaetzle and Vegies

OK we start off with the ingredients for the Bulletten, which are ground meat patties, mostly a mix of beef and pork. I usually buy the two seperately, but I found a meat loaf mix, consisting of beef, pork and veal, so I tried it this time. Then I used two eggs, but normally I only use one but this was so much meat. I added a chopped large onion, about three cloes of garlic, about a Tbsp. of bread crumbs. salt, pepper, chilli powder and marjoram as well as some worchestire sauce.

I mix all the ingredients:



And form little patties, making sure they're all evenly sized:

Then I panfry them in some canola oil and butter:



Meanwhile I make the Spaetzle. Just mix 500g flour, 5 eggs, 220 ml warm water and one Tbs salt and let it stand for ten minutes. Then stir it again. The dough should not rip when being pulled up.

Boil salt water and then use a Spaetzle Maker (mine is a Tupperware one from Germany-Thanks Mom!). Just do one batch at a time and scoop up the Spaetzle as soon as they come up, which is pretty much right away.

After the Bulletten are done I make gravy. I just add about 2 cups of water and then some binder and spice it so it tastes good.

And then you get to enjoy it all after working so hard to make it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment