Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Tuna Burgers with homemade Remoulade Sauce

So I was going to make another Tuna dish, but coudn't find frozen Tuna steaks, so I picked up frozen Tunaburgers instead. I decided later, that this wouldn't work, so we had actual Tuna burgers. Duh!
For that I needed Remoulade Sauce, but since I couldn't find any, I thought I'd just make my own. So, I started out with about 1 cup of mayo and a Tbsp. of mustard.

I chopped half an onion:

Spiced it up with some salt and pepper:
Then I decided to add a Dill Pickle:
Starting to look like something:
Ok, one more pickle:
How about some lemon juice?
Half a lemon was good enough:
To add a little green I added some parsely:
Chopped up, of course:

Now, this is what I'm talking about. Done!

Ok, while I was thinking about what else to have with the burgers I thought I'd make some rice and I found some black beans in the pantry too, so I thought I can add a little flavor from South of the Border and spice that up with the other half of the lemon and some Cilantro:
Rinse the beans:
Stir in about 2 Tsp. of the Cilantro and the lemon juice:
Then, I remembered some Avocado we still had and thought it would go great on the burger, so I sliced it up:
Here is the rice/bean dish:
for the burgers I chose whole wheat buns:
And toasted them a little:
Pan fry the Tuna Burgers:
Hmm....toasted buns:)
And there you have it.
And everybody ate it:

No comments:

Post a Comment