Friday, April 16, 2010

The Pioneer Woman - Chicken with Tomatoes and Garlic

It was really easy to make and the end result was just wonderful. For a long time I only cooked/baled/grilled chicken breasts, because I didn't think I could handle anything else, but after attempting this chicken recipe and then this one, I am convinced that chicken isn't scary at all.

So, I recently re-discovered The Pioneer Woman and was overwhelmed by all the yummy recipes, so I tried this one.

So, here are all the ingredients I used:


I know The Pioneer Woman didn't chop the herbs, but I did just a little.
Also, I used chicken drumsticks. I got five and that was just right for my hubby, I and the little Wonderboy.
Heat the butter in the olive oil. I know butter is a no-no with us, but it was so little and Wonderboy never reacted to cooked dairy before we got the diagnosis, so I cheated. Bad mommy!
Add the ckicken and brown:
Flip them over and brown some more:
Deglaze the pan with some wine:
Add the tomatoes. At this point is when I realize that an apron would help tremendously in keeping my new shirt clean.
Stir the ymmy goodness some:
Make sure Wonderboy is occupied running around the kitchen:
Add the herbs. I had basil, parsely, sage and rosemary:
Lay the chicken on top:
Put the lid on and put the pot in the oven:
After an hour or so you get this:
I was so proud of myself:
I served it with some Ziti and a little bit of freshly grated Paremsan:

Without the parmesan this dish is dairy-free.

No comments:

Post a Comment