Monday, April 26, 2010

Orzo with Asparagus. Mushrooms and Chicken

So, this is one of my own creations. I usually use about a cup of Orzo and two cups of liquid, some of it wine and some it broth, depending on what I have. Then I use half a bundle of asparagus, cut into 1/2 inch pieces; a little box of mushrooms, sliced and a few garlic cloves; chopped. I have started buying the chicken tenders (about 1 lb.) because then I don't have to cut as much, but chicken breasts work too. For the finishing touch I use freshly grated parmesan.

Below are the vegies:
Heat the garlic in some olive oil:
Wash and dry the chicken tenders:
Cut them into 1 inch pieces or whatever size you like and sautee them:
Measure the orzo and get the wine ready:
Once the chicken is fully cooked, ad the mushrooms and asparagus and sautee them for a few minutes:
Hmmm:
Add the orzo:
And stir it some:
Add the liquid and cover, reduce heat to low and let it cook for about 20 minutes or until the liquid has desolved. Stir occasionally:
Serve with some parmesan and enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment