Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My non-dairy version of Ryan’s Bolognese Sauce

When I first read this recipe, I just had t try it. I love pasta and more than that I love meaty tomato sauces on my pasta. The only think I changed was to substitute soy milk for the milk, so that my son could eat it. Of course, I made up for it by putting a little bit of extra parmesan on mine:)

Of course, the Pioneer Woman's pictures are a lot better than mine, but here it goes.

Grate the carrots and dice the red onion:
Get out your olive oil, tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic and beef:
Heat the oil in a Dutch oven:
Saute the carrots and onions:
Mince the garlic:
Yes, I followed the recipe as best as I could…
Time for the beef:
Time to get the spices ready:



Another well for the tomato paste:
In goes the garlic:
You can never go wrong with a little wine:
I loved that the recipe calls for Worcestershire Sauce:
Whole Tomatoes:
And now the (soy)milk:
I served it with spaghetti and lots of cheese for me:

I really do love this recipe and whenever I feel like a meaty pasta sauce, this is the one I make. Everybody at our house just loves it.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment