Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Pork Chops with Mushrooms in a Honey-Dijon Sauce

I am a little behind posting dishes I had previously made, so sometimes it takes me a while to find the recipes for those dishes to post along with the pictures. I could not find the recipe for this one, so I assume that I just came up with it or at least combined a few recipe ideas to accommodate the ingredients I had on hand.

So, let's see if I can piece the ingredients together:

3/4 cup Onions, chopped
1 cup Mushrooms, sliced
2 Tbsp. Honey
1 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
2 Tsp. Marjoram
1 - 1 1/2cups Vegetable broth
2 Pork Chops, seasoned with salt and pepper
1-2 Tbsp. EVOO




First, heat the olive oil in a skillet and pan-fry the pork chops on both sides until they're done:

Take out the pork chops and keep warm. Meanwhile, saute the onions and mushrooms for a few minutes until the onions are translucent:

Stir in the honey, mustard and marjoram as well as the broth. Heat through until it thickens up a little and add the pork chops back to the pan to heat through.

Serve with rice or whatever you would like with it:

Just a note here, I am guessing on the honey, mustard, marjoram and broth amounts here, but it sounds about right to me:) I'll update this post when I try it out again and make sure to note that on the top of the blog for anybody who may be following this.

As always, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment