Monday, October 26, 2009

Pizza Night - Updated

First I start making the sauce:

I usually make some extra sauce and freeze it, so that I have some ready to go.

Done:

And here is the rest. I used Pillsbury crust for the first time today. I'm usually the Boboli kind of person, but we'll see.

Since I have a lot more pizza to work with, I split it up. Ham and Pineapple on one side and corn, ham, peppers and broccoli on the other side.

17 minutes later, dinner is done and I can't wait:

As far as the Boboli/Pillsbury comparison goes, I like the Pillsbury because it's thinner and the edges are crustier. I will definitely use it again.

Update: I forgot to post the recipe here so there you go:
In a meduim saucepan combine one 8 oz. can tomato sauce; one 7 1/2 oz. can, undrained tomatoes, cut up; 1/2 cup chopped onions; 1 Tbsp dried basil, crushed; 1 Tsp sugar; 1 Tsp dried oregano, crused; 2 cloves garlic, minced; and 1/4 Tsp pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or till onion is tender.
- Courtsey of Better Homes and Gardens

No comments:

Post a Comment